Welcome to the SMA Learning platform!
This Terms of Service document describe the terms and conditions (Terms) that govern your access to and use of SMA’s Talent on Demand (TOD®) System including all of its websites, services and applications (collectively the “Service”). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Service.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE
Our training website address is: https://training.smawins.com.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS IN THEIR ENTIRETY, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE TOD® PLATFORM SERVICES. If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization or entity (Organization), then you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of that Organization and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind the Organization to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” refers to you and that Organization.
Your use of the Service constitutes a binding agreement with SMA. You agree to comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations. The Service may change from time to time as we evolve, refine, or add more features to the Service, often without prior notice to you. In addition, SMA may temporarily or permanently stop providing the Service, or any features within the Service, to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice.
Some areas of the Service allow you to post or upload information, text, graphics, or other material (“Content” or, when posted by you, “your Content”), and to share your Content with SMA. You retain ownership of that portion of your Content that you solely and exclusively own. You understand that publishing your Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writers Guild of America, or any other rights organization. Please consider carefully what you choose to share. Your content may include information regarding sales pursuits, programs, and projects conducted for an end-customer, or an initiative conducted by your company solely for the company’s benefit. This information will be treated as your proprietary information and treated according to any pertinent non-disclosure agreement in-effect or soon to be executed between SMA and your organization, or according to our standard non-disclosure terms in the absence of a separate non-disclosure agreement (this can be viewed by selecting the toolbox menu item of TOD®).
You agree not to post Content that
- (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
- (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any Content that you post does not and will not violate rights of any kind, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or rights of privacy. We reserve the right but are not obligated, to reject and/or remove any Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these provisions.
You retain full ownership to your Content, but you agree to grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, edit, translate, make derivatives, display, and distribute such Content in connection with providing the Service to you and other users in accordance with your settings on the Service, subject to any non-disclosure restrictions. In connection with providing the Service, we may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services, or media.
We reserve the right at all times, but are not obligated, to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Service including your Content. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations;
- (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- (iv) respond to user support requests; or (v) protect the rights, property, or safety of SMA, its users, and the public.
NOTICES AND MESSAGES
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date. Please review your settings to control and limit messages you receive from us.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, links to news articles, job postings, blogs, and other content. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
You must provide us accurate information when you create your SMA TOD® account. Your SMA TOD® account gives you access to the Services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of users or organizations. If you connect to SMA with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your login credentials for that service. You may never use another user’s account without permission.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with SMA or a third-party service. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords that use a combination of upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols with your account. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. SMA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. You must notify SMA immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
SMA’S LICENSE TO YOU
Subject to these Terms, SMA gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, and non-exclusive license to use the Service. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms in the Service. We can terminate this license at any time for any reason or for no reason.
We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (“Mobile Software”). To use the Mobile Software you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Service. We do not warrant that the Mobile Software will be compatible with your mobile device. We give you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Software for one account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not
- (i) modify, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Mobile Software, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law;
- (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute, or otherwise transfer the Mobile Software to any third party or use the Mobile Software to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party;
- (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Software;
- (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Software, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Software, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Software; or
- (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Software. You agree that we may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Software, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Software that you are using on your mobile device. You agree to the automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of these Terms will apply to any upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. This license is not a sale of the Mobile Software or any copy thereof, and SMA or its third-party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Software (and any copy thereof). We reserve all rights not expressly granted under these Terms. If the Mobile Software is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies: Use, duplication, or disclosure of the Mobile Software by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in these Terms and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988), DFARS 252.227-7013(c) (2015), FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable. The Mobile Software originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The Mobile Software may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the Mobile Software may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the Mobile Software and the Service.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others. We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about other users to make recommendations for connections, content, and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend specific opportunities to you. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
SMA PROPERTY, COPYRIGHTS, AND FEEDBACK
All right, title, and interest in and to the Service (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of SMA and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the SMA name or any of the SMA trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding SMA, or the Service is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
USE OF CONTENT
All Content in or on the Service, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted by users, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We do not endorse, support, represent, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Service, and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. If you use or rely on any Content or materials posted via the Service or obtained by you through the Service, it is at your own risk. Under no circumstances will SMA be liable in any way for any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content in the Service.
You agree that you are responsible for your use of the Service, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and third parties. You understand that if you do not have the right to submit Content to the Service, doing so may subject you to liability. SMA will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by SMA in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit including all necessary rights to upload your Content for use in accordance with these terms and conditions.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF SMA’s TOD® system
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
SMA is trusted by its users, and we trust you to use our Service responsibly. You agree not to misuse the Service. For example, you must not, and must not attempt to do the following things:
- use the Service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities;
- post any Content on the Service in violation of any applicable law, including intellectual property laws and right of privacy or publicity laws, or any contractual obligation;
- impersonate others through the Service or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others;
- publish or post other people’s private or personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission;
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, SMA’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of SMA’s providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access or search the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Service to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Service. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
We may investigate and/or suspend your account if you violate any of the above rules. Furthermore, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in our sole and absolute judgment, you violate these Terms, or abuse the use of our Service.
We care about the privacy of our users. We collect, use, and share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. You agree that by using the Service, you agree to the collection of such information, and to have your personal data collected, used, and transferred to and processed in the United States. Where applicable, SMA, Inc. policies addressing privacy rights are followed.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SMA AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.